Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kiera is so sick right now...

Keep Kiera in your prayers so we can stay out of the hospital. Both she and I have been unable to permanently shake this nasty respiratory stuff that we caught on Christmas Day. I realize I haven't posted much, but life has been pretty non-stop miserable. I finally feel better today than I have in over a month (even with the chronic coughing and nose blowing), so I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for her. She started running fevers and vomiting Friday after we thought we were finally getting over the last cold. It seems like she's getting tag teamed by different viruses. I've got her on round the clock fever meds and had to bump her nebs back to every 3 hours in hopes of clearing her out so we don't have to admit her and risk her catching something else in the hospital.

Our extreme weather yesterday probably didn't help. It reminds me of that big storm back in 2007 the day of Kiera's tracheostomy surgery. I think there is 2 feet of snow in my back yard. Too bad Kiera isn't well enough to enjoy it. It will be nice one day when she is well enough to do something simple like sledding down our driveway. Here's to hoping for that day to come soon. In the meantime, I've got a sick kid to hold. Gotta go.

No comments: