Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!


As it goes, Kiera has up and down days. She was running a fever between 101 and 103.2 yesterday, but still managed to be pretty animated even though she wasn't feeling well. They are running labs and trying to figure out what's causing her fever but so far don't know.

She's getting more active with her mouth and likes CHOMPING on fingers. That girl definitely has a bite! We are working along with the speech therapists to get her suck back, which she lost when she was in her coma, and to draw her tongue forward.

Dr. Glasser, the pulmonologist, has given me his best guess conservative estimate, that Kiera will probably be in the hospital 6 more months---just in case you were about to ask me when she's coming home. We are getting road weary. I'm glad I went to stations of the cross Friday. I just try to remember that we are all given crosses to bear and that there will be a homecoming day.

I've attached a few Easter Sunday pics of Kiera in her Easter dress and the family in our home away from home. Enjoy!



Love,
Therese

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Therese, My name is Cheryl and I am a friend and co-worker of Linnette and Sonu. Several weeks ago, Linnette asked me to lift Kiera and your family up in prayer giving me some details of the challenges she is still facing. My church and I here in Las Cruces having been praying for Kiera and you and Jerry since then.

I was excited when Sonu sent me the blogsite so I could read updates. She is beautiful!! What a wonderful blessing from God she is. I have also contacted some other prayer warriors in my circle (one being in Seoul, South Korea) and they continue to lift Kiera up for healing and comfort while praying for you and your husband to have the stamina and hope that only the Lord can give.

Thank you for sharing her progress and challenges along with photos. It will help my prayers to be more specific.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

God Bless, Cheryl Montoya

Erin said...

Kiera is adorable and the boys are very handsome aswell!