Saturday, July 12, 2008

One more month till Kiera's 2!

Wow! I can't believe it's almost been 2 years! It's weird because we feel like we still have a baby seeing as Kiera just learned to sit up last week! Then I see other people who had babies later who are further along, and I feel like we were frozen in time. One woman I know works at the hospital. She was pregnant and due when Kiera was 7 months old, and, of course, took her baby home while we were still admitted. We saw her a few weeks ago when Kiera was readmitted and she was pregnant again and pretty far along. I think for Kiera's birthday we will just have the family party on the 9th. I considered having a party with other kids, but I think it will be more fun for Kiera when she is on the same level with the kids at her party.

Today is a sad day. It is our last day of business for our family restaurant of 14 years. There is so much to do, and it has been such a big part of our lives. On top of the sadness is hope that we are on to a better future.

One thing I just realized is that I have only had to suction Kiera maybe 3 or 4 times ALL DAY! Wow! Last Wednesday I think I was suctioning her 3 times an hour! Or was that the week we admitted her? Anyway, aside from occasional sojourns into 4 hour neb land when things get icky, she is doing okay on 6 hour nebs. We started that Symbicort last Wednesday instead of Q-var and I am attributing all this improvement to the new inhaler! Yeah Symbicort!


Therese

No comments: