Monday, April 13, 2009

Kiera is so HAPPY to be home!

Kiera has just been smiling from ear to ear all weekend. She smiles great big smiles and signs, "I love you" constantly when she's not blowing kisses. Last night she sang "Twinkle, Twinkle" with me. She fills in the blanks between verses. i.e. "Twinkle, twinkle, little _____," and Kiera says, "ahhh." That's the best representation I can make for her singing. It's about the only sound she makes by pushing air around the cuff of her trach tube, but it's in perfect pitch! Maybe she's building up her diaphragm breathing to be a bassoonist or opera singer? :) "Maaa," and recently, "Baaa," are Mommy and Daddy. (At least that's what WE hear.)

Kiera is doing great and only on nebs every 6 hours with an extra before her inhaled Colistin antibiotic twice a day. It is incredible to believe that I was worried she might die barely a month ago. In fact, now that I think about it, it was the 14th when we had to put her in her coma with a collapsed lung. What a TROOPER! She's practically back to normal aside from some muscle weakness that is coming back gradually. Last night she was sitting at her picnic table reading a book, and she just looked like nothing unusual had happened at all last month. Today, she walked with her walker to my office from the family room (while I pushed the ventilator) so we could have an Easter egg hunt! She wasn't even standing more than a few minutes just 3 days ago!

I'll try to upload Easter pics just as soon as I figure out this camera my sister lent me. Have a great day, and if you live in Albuquerque area, we hope to see you at the Albuquerque Tea Party on Tax Day (Wednesday) from 4-7PM at Independence Grill (Our Place).

No comments: