Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back on her LTV

Kiera finished her Terbutaline drip yesterday and is off all IV drugs right now. They put her back on the LTV (the home vent). She's still huffing and puffing a bit, and her O2 requirement is still around 45%. the highest we can go at home is 44%, and we'd be zipping through O2 fast with no room for adjustment if she had a brocho-spasm, so we really need her down to 36% continuously with only rescue bumps to 40 and 44% in order to bring her home comfortably. I am pushing the doctors to get her well as soon as possible because she is clearly depressed being in the hospital, and I think it will be much better for her to get home ASAP! I can't wait to see her face when we finally get her in her stroller. I may bug the docs to let us wheel her around in the wagon this afternoon, although because she is MRSA positive, she tends to get relegated to her room because of infection control. (I will try not to mention the irony of the fact that she caught the flu IN the hospital which did way more damage to her than her MRSA ever did... who am I kidding...I'll probably mention it.)

Wish us luck. I think it would do her good to get a wagon ride.

No comments: